Saturday, April 15, 2006

Grrrr

On Thursday, I received a threatening letter from the library because I had a couple of seriously overdue interlibrary loan books. I'd had no idea they were overdue, so I made a special trip to campus that afternoon to avoid being billed and to get my record unblocked. Earlier today, I checked out some books from the library with no problems, so I thought it was all taken care of. But when I got home and tried to make the first of nine new ILL requests, I got a message saying my account was still blocked. And the library closed at 4:45 today (they make no effort to pretend that people come here to learn, since half the students are clearly here for either the hockey or the fishing), so I can't call and get it unblocked until Monday. Crap.

4 Comments:

Blogger nrlaumei said...

They're having something weird going on with their system for a while where all the account records are being frozen or something...

You should call and ask about it.

4/15/2006 7:13 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I just looked back at the email I got about that, and it says we'll still be able to make ILL requests via WebPals. So I think it's just my account...but I'll still call on Monday.

4/15/2006 8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all BSU record-type departments have lost their brains.

4/17/2006 9:06 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I agree, but I can't complain too loudly anymore because when I called to complain about my record still being blocked this morning, the woman in the ILL office was incredibly nice and fixed the problem immediately.

4/17/2006 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home