Saturday, April 01, 2006

Extra Daylight

Tonight: good food, good wine, good friends. And a musical, which was good but would have been better if no one had spontaneously burst into song. Soon, I'll push the little button on my alarm clock that's marked with a sun (a bi-annual thrill) and read myself to sleep with a little Zora Neale Hurston.

Tomorrow: get up early, an hour too early. Make coherent the seven pages I wrote today for my last (last!) comprehensive exam. Hope the membership drive on PBS was only a month-long thing, and that I'll be able to watch Bob Ross paint happy little trees alongside a happy little stream. Plan a class. Revise a thesis. Nothing to worry about. Just a little work, one thing at a time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks for coming over for supper tonight Amber--and I suppose we can thank Tiffany and Tasha for getting us to the musical. :)

Good luck with the work you have planned for tomorrow. I like your attitutude--now it will just be a matter of maintaining it. I suspect that Bob Ross is a big help in that department.

4/01/2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Thank YOU--and your husband--for having us over, and for the yummy food.

And thank you for the luck. I wish you the same in whatever you have to do today. And I do recommend Bob Ross. He lets my brain rest.

4/02/2006 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home