Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bad Writing Day

I think getting my Master's in English might be making my writing worse at this point. Because there's SO MUCH of it, and I'm so overwhelmed by it, that simply getting through it sane becomes at least as important as doing it well. I've been trudging through this comp exam since before 9:00 this morning, but I can only write in spurts because my mind keeps going so blank it's hard to imagine being able to form another sentence. And I promised two members of my thesis committee I would have a second draft (which I haven't started working on) ready for them tomorrow.

I need a break.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Bad Writing Day--that would be a good title for a book.
:)-

4/02/2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger Froyd said...

or a good title for the life of a grad student.

4/02/2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I think it might be a good title for this blog, since I don't seem to write about much else here anymore.

4/02/2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger Froyd said...

at least on my blog I'm still ranting when I talk about my thesis, so I don't have to change my title...

4/03/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

When I was a music major I stopped listening to ALL music.

I couldn't take it anymore. It was all day, all the time, and I realized that when I was sitting there figuring out the chordal progression to The Smith's, it was all too much.

Slog through...write your thesis and the joy and care of writing will return...I promise!

P.S. I still find your blog interesting, so :P.

4/03/2006 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home