Saturday, January 05, 2008

Side Effects May Include

So the weird people mostly stayed home today, and I probably should have followed their lead. I'm on the fourth day of an illness that I suspect would be worse if not for the whole bag of zinc and echinacea lozenges I've consumed in that time, but it's still wearing me out pretty badly. Among its other symptoms, apparently, is the nearly irrepressible urge to flick annoying customers on the forehead. Or to use the step stool I had to retrieve from halfway across the store to smack the woman sitting on a much closer one. Or to drop to the floor shrieking when the ridiculously unintuitive computer program we use can't find a title because I'm misspelling a name by a single letter.

Good thing I only worked a five-hour shift.

I'm feeling much better now that I'm home, and since tonight is Eric's poker night, I'll be having a girl's night in with myself. And the cats. They're girls too. But they don't get to share my calzone.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura B. said...

Ooohh, a calzone. I have a tuna sub tonight, and I'm excited. Food and a movie---perfect.

I'm sorry you're so sick--- . Adam was horribly sick, too, and still has a cough.

I hope you feel better. Enjoy your girls' night!

1/05/2008 7:12 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Hmmm...

I never thought about having a girl's night at home with Wilbur, but given my track record, this may be the only family "Girl's night" I'll ever have...

P.S.
GET BETTER.

1/05/2008 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home