Friday, December 07, 2007

Minnesota After All

An hour ago I spent a little while outside in around-zero temperatures in a skirt, and even now that I'm home, wearing flannel pajama pants and a thermal-lined sweatshirt, I cannot get warm. I just spent the better part of five minutes draped across the radiator in the kitchen, and I'm terrified to clean the litter box because it means I'll have to go back out there. Out there, in the screaming vortex of cold.

On the bright side, it'll only be like this for another three or four months.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

OMG. I.HAVE.NEVER.BEEN.SO.EFFING.COLD as I was when I went to Minneapolis a year ago!

And I live in a pretty damn cold state in the winter time (Hello? Olympics?)

It gives me RT just THINKING about it!!!

That was TMI, wasn't it??? ;)

12/07/2007 10:51 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Ha! I'd mostly forgotten how cold it was when you were here. And that was roughly the same time of year. Must be a survival tactic: if we Minnesotans could remember clearly that it was ever this cold at this time of year before, we'd be unable to continue living here.

12/08/2007 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home