Saturday, December 22, 2007

Birthday Self-Indulgence

Today's my birthday. And I'm milking it. Last night, Eric and I initiated the festivities by going out for a semi-romantic dinner (We're really a very grounded couple, and don't spend much time gazing into each other's eyes. I'm pretty sure eye-gazing is a requirement of a fully romantic dinner.) at the Loring Pasta Bar, where they make incredible food and lay the atmosphere on as thick as possible, and where there was a live jazz quartet. This morning I was up before nine, and I've spent the hours since doing yoga and drinking almond-infused black tea and finishing The Golden Compass in my pajamas. Next up is a long hot shower, and baking myself a birthday cake from scratch (which I haven't done before, but seems easy enough), and playing The Sims ad nauseum, and eating leftover chicken marsala, and listening to the Tori Amos CD my mom gave me for my birthday. Later tonight, I'm going to Natasha's solstice party, where I will make people eat my homemade cake, whether it's any good or not.

Birthdays are awesome.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

happy birthday!

Any b-day where video games are played is a good b-day. everything else is just icing on the proverbial (or in this case, yet to be made) cake.

12/22/2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Happy Birthday, Amber!

12/23/2007 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home