Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Turns Out

Our thermostat does control something: the heat for the whole building. No one, including the owner of the building, knew that. So this means until they get the heat set at the right temperature, they'll be in and out of our place a lot. Also, since our apartment is in the basement and has hot water pipes running across the ceiling in addition to radiators in every room, it will always be the hottest apartment in the building. So for everyone else to be just comfortable, we'll have to be cooking in our skins.

Also, it turns out the little voice in my head that said I should take a shower last night in case the hot water was off again this morning was right. Now I haven't showered in two days. It wasn't so bad yesterday, but I teach today. If we don't have hot water by early this afternoon, I'm doing it Little House style: by boiling a pot of water on the stove and pouring it into the tub.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura B. said...

Wow, Amber---I'm sorry. None of this sounds fun. Good luck.

11/08/2007 5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home