Monday, August 13, 2007

One Week Later

I haven't been writing because I haven't been inspired.

Since we moved, I've been working at home when I'm not working at work. Yesterday we finally got the last of the boxes (save one, full of coats to donate or consign when the weather cools) out of the apartment and into storage or Goodwill or the recycling bin. We also started hanging things on the walls, which is a bit of a trick since most of our walls are poured concrete. Today, after putting the finishing touches on my class plan for this evening, I'm going to clean the disgusting oven, which the previous tenant didn't bother to do, and which I've been putting off "until tomorrow" for almost two weeks.

The last couple of weeks have been stressful, especially in my current yoga-less universe (I still haven't had a chance to order replacements for my dead tapes), but today I can hear angels singing in the distance and I think I see a pin-prick of light ahead. This apartment is gorgeous, even if it is halfway underground and one of the smaller apartments known to man. And in the next few days, when we finish the cleaning and find homes for the lingering clutter, I'm going to be really proud of all the work we've done.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home