Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Weekend? What's That?

I've been wound tight lately, constantly ready to spin the slightest mishap into an epic disaster or personal insult. A few days ago, I spent half an hour at work physically dizzy with repressed irritation.

But we're getting out of town tonight, going to a cabin on a lake where there will be boats and breeze and more than a few square feet of grass and maybe a good friend and his dog and birds calling and ice cream and a bonfire and stars visible above us at night. I have to do a few hours of teacherly work while I'm there, but otherwise I can just be.

Until Monday, when real life starts again. Real life on steroids, in fact, because the reality that we move in two and a half weeks and haven't sold or packed a thing is just now settling on us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

There are few things in life that suck as much as moving.

UG.

7/16/2007 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home