Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Privacy

My recent silence here, if you've wondered at all, can be partly attributed to my discovery that, thanks to my writing on a wonderful little website, I'm extremely easy to find in a Google search. And not just me, but this. Here. This blog. And as most of my teacher-friends will probably confirm, the idea of being findable on the internet can be an uncomfortable one. I hate limiting myself here, but I think any writing about my teaching experiences will now cease. That's a no-brainer, because smearing my reactions to teaching all over the internet is both unwise and unprofessional. But I'm also conflicted about the purely personal things I usually write about here. I'm friendly with my students, but I like to maintain at least a thin shroud of mystery around myself. I might tell them what I did over the weekend, but they don't need intimate knowledge of all my human weaknesses.

So I'll mull these things over, and maybe this blog will become more superficial for a while. I'll try not to stop writing entirely.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura B. said...

I completely understand. I've been feeling weird about it lately, too, especially because I teach.
---

7/10/2007 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home