Monday, June 04, 2007

Two Big Cities, Too Many Apartments

Today, Eric and I spent about four hours driving and walking around a few areas we're interested in moving to. We came home with enough phone numbers to cover four pages of a notepad. Then I called those numbers. So now I'm exhausted and overwhelmed and frustrated. Frustrated by rude/snotty/apathetic property managers, by the dearth of apartments available when our lease is up (in just two months), by outrageous rent and pet fees, by the fact that balconies are usually only available in expensive or boring or sketchy buildings, and by our own lack of freedom and time to go and look at places we find interesting.

And I hate to have such negative feelings about this process, since it's really kind of exciting. But so far, the process is kind of letting me down. Lots of effort, and only a couple of decent leads. Blah. I'm gonna go clean something.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

apartment hunting is the suxxorz.

6/04/2007 6:19 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I agree now, but before today, I never thought that. I guess we've always found places pretty easily in the past.

6/04/2007 7:31 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Dude, I helped my bro find his apartment in your area and I about DIED at how difficult it was. Here is to getting a break...SOON.

6/04/2007 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home