Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Blogging Paradox

Sometimes this happens. I have things going on, things that beg to be blogged about. I think about blogging every day, but my brain is clogged by all these blogworthy things I'm doing, and I'm too busy to sit down and relax enough to let the clog flow free into this space. So even though I would like to feel able to write (vaguely and confidentially) about the class I started teaching this week, and even though you may be interested in hearing about that, I have a test to write and a couple of classes to plan, so we'll all have to be satisfied for the moment with a list, in no particular order and with mainstream choices unashamedly mingled with the heroically underplayed, of eleven women whose music you should probably be listening to, if you aren't already:

1. Keren Ann
2. Feist
3. Kate Nash
4. Regina Spektor
5. Madeleine Peyroux
6. Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton
7. The Pierces
8. Rachael Yamagata
9. Goldfrapp
10. KT Tunstall
11. Vyvienne Long

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura B. said...

I love music recommendations - thanks!
I'm glad you're a week into teaching. Pretty soon I'll be able to say that. The time leading up to the first day just gets so stressful ---

8/31/2008 8:54 AM  
Blogger Clink said...

This is the third time today that Rachael Yamagata has been mentioned to me.
It's a sign!

8/31/2008 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home