Monday, July 14, 2008

Better than an Apple on my Desk

Today I picked up the books for a reading class I'll be teaching this fall so we can stash more money to pay for the wedding, and there were some papers in my mailbox along with the books. Just now, while Eric ran to Blockbuster to pick up the next disc of Lost so we can stop scratching at our necks and having seizures and hallucinating dead babies on the ceiling, I casually looked through the stuff. The last thing I opened was a large envelope marked "Confidential," but with no other clues to its contents. The papers inside weren't clearly labeled either, so it took me a few seconds to realize that what I was looking at were the results of the student course evaluations they never mailed to me after the last class I taught at that school. After seven months, I wasn't expecting to ever see them. But I'm so glad I did.

Except for one or two outliers, they loved me, man. And reading their written comments made me remember that I liked them, too. I hadn't been sure how I felt about teaching again, but now I'm pretty sure I feel confident and even a little excited.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura B. said...

I'm happy for you, Amber! I remember feeling so good (for the most part) after reading my evals, too --- .

I'm starting to get excited for the school year to start, too. I am glad there's still a lot of summer left, though.

Lost. Wow. I'm definitely addicted, too! Have fun.

7/15/2008 8:16 AM  
Blogger Clink said...

What a nice reminder! Maybe they wait to send them that long on purpose, kind of like a pep talk.

7/15/2008 9:07 AM  
Blogger Laura B. said...

Hey Amber, this is actually Adam...
I loved your page on back pain. It sounds like Eric has gone through much of what I have. Has he done physical therapy? That is what worked best for me - that and a muscle relaxer if it gets bad. But anyhow, you guys are awesome...

Adam

7/24/2008 9:26 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Thanks, Adam. Eric hasn't ever been treated for his back pain--in fact, I have to be pretty persuasive for him to even let me give him a back rub. I think he's afraid to become reliant on any kind of treatment. But his pain may not be quite as bad as yours, either....

7/24/2008 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home