Thursday, August 07, 2008

Uniformly Unique

For someone (me) who likes to do things with a twist--just a little bit unconventional, a little bit different, a little bit surprising--planning a wedding is a constant disappointment. I'm forever finding my own ideas in magazines (Very often in lists of ways to make your wedding unique; is anyone willing to join me in my outrage over that piece of irony?), and I just found my perfect first dance song, which I thought was a little bit quirky, midway down a list of the best first dance songs. I won't say what it is, because I want it to still surprise some of our guests--it suits our relationship too well for me to change my mind about it over a silly little principle like nonconformity.

Uncle. I guess.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger nrlaumei said...

It's not that Greg Brown song, is it? Also, mosaics. Soon. As soon as I'm out of my current anti-social funk. How's your schedule late next week? :)

8/07/2008 10:15 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Ha. Not quite that quirky. I'll look at next week's schedule and email you.

8/07/2008 11:07 PM  
Blogger eric said...

i love that song...and it will be played at some time on The Day.

8/07/2008 11:21 PM  
Blogger Laura B. said...

Wedding planning. Good luck.
:)

8/07/2008 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home