Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Don't Drink the Water

Last night Eric's youngest brother called--jubilant and exhilarated--to tell us that he and his wife had just--ten minutes earlier--found out she's pregnant. And I'm so excited for them, because they've been wanting this for a while, but I'm also fascinated by the rate at which his family has been reproducing lately. In my family, someone has a baby once every eleven years. Exactly. So I can have a baby in 2013. Until then, I'll have to wear a bird flu-style face mask when we visit any of Eric's siblings, because in the twelve months between this past March and next March, they will have produced four--four!--new babies. And how certain are we, really, that pregnancy isn't contagious?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

I hear that women can catch pregnancy from men. As such it should be labeled a contagious disease...but not the other way around. I guess guys are just carriers, infected sometime around the ages from 10-15, carrying it for the rest of their lives.

7/08/2008 1:24 PM  
Blogger Clink said...

It is totally contagious! Bring the hand gel along with the face mask and keep you eyes on the "wedding ball" so to speak.

Oh and please keep us going on the details...I love details.
The bride gene lays dormant.

7/09/2008 8:56 AM  
Blogger Laura B. said...

I think it may be contagious. For some. Be aware :)

7/11/2008 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home