Friday, March 07, 2008

Ready for Its Close-up

Today I realized that the picture I originally put on this post was blurry, and it was making me twitchy, so I made Eric take another one.


A blue vervain flower for creativity, and an aspen leaf for eloquence. That's according to some obscure Celtic herbal lore I dug up on the internet. Between the tattoo and the bed, I think you can expect my Booker Prize-shortlisted novel to hit the shelves sometime next year.

By the way, if you like this and you're in the market for a tattoo and you live in or around the Twin Cities, go see Shawn Hebrank at Identity Tattoo. Good artist, nice guy.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura B. said...

I really love it, Amber. Thanks for sharing the picture!

Are you working on a novel right now, by the way?

3/08/2008 9:18 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Thanks, Laura.

I'm not writing any fiction right now, sadly. My official story is that I'm focusing on writing articles for Jonathan and Natasha's websites, and when that's built up and paying better, I'll spend more time on my own no-money writing.

3/08/2008 9:27 AM  
Blogger Clink said...

That is beautiful!

3/09/2008 9:41 AM  
Blogger nrlaumei said...

That is beautiful!! Wow, Amber, I'm jealous, can't wait for my tattoo. :)

3/09/2008 5:10 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I love my tattoo but it is tiny and I thought I would die from the pain! You are freaking awesome.

3/11/2008 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home