Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Too Many Irons in the Fire

Early this morning, just before my final snooze alarm went off, I dreamed that I was going to the bathroom in a bar. And on my way back out to the table where my friends were I passed by the bartender, who said, "You look worried." And then started telling me why it isn't worthwhile to get stressed out. I didn't get to hear all of his reasons because my alarm went off, but anyway the point is that I'm noticeably tense, even in my dreams.

And ironically, one of the biggest stressors in my life right now is planning the trip out of town we're taking this weekend so I can exempt myself from responsibility for a couple of days. I won't go into the boring prissy/financial details, but I do want to say that I'm finding a little temporary relief in comfort food, a glass of apple brandy, and some old sad bastard music. You know, to remind myself that there are always good things in life, tucked in among the bad.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I love comfort food and fall and winter are the perfect time for it.

And, "Old Bastard Music"???? HA HA HA HA HA HA. Gotta love Damien

10/09/2007 8:31 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but sadly, I can't take credit for "old sad bastard music." Jack Black says it in High Fidelity, in reference to a Belle and Sebastian song.

But yeah, you do gotta love Damien. In a multitude of ways.

10/09/2007 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home