Friday, September 21, 2007

Refresher Course

While boiling some noodles to eat with leftover stroganoff, washing the dishes and writing a web page, I'm listening to Ani Difranco. Because we're seeing her tonight and I've barely listened to her CDs for the past five years, most of which I spent in a sort of Ani Difranco hangover resulting from the years after high school when I considered her indispensable to my political and feminine coming-of-age and listened to little else. It's too bad, really, that I went off my Ani when I did, because I was just beginning to think I liked her newer stuff better than the older stuff. Mellower, more complex, less political. So I'm looking forward to tonight, both for the nostalgic fun of the earlier songs, and for an introduction to the recent ones.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura B. said...

This is the main reason I want to live down there. -- Kick-ass concerts.
Awesome.

9/22/2007 7:18 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Believe it or not, that's actually one of the reasons we decided to move down here. And we've seen some great ones this year--Modest Mouse, Damien Rice, and Ani's definitely still got it.

9/22/2007 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home