Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Forgetfulness

I'm a happy person. I'm young, I'm not horribly disfigured, and from the vantage point of 26, my life looks pretty promising. I snagged one of the best boyfriends, way back in Round One; I have good friends and a cool family; I laugh every single day; and I'm becoming a writer, gradually but in such a real way that the publisher of a local magazine handed me his card after eavesdropping on a conversation I had at work yesterday. Life is good.

So who do I talk to about removing this chip in my brain that makes me look with envy at other people's happiness, as if my own were somehow deficient?

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura B. said...

Oh, Amber---what an honest post. I do the same thing sometimes---and get so angry at myself. I don't know what that is, or how to fix it. ?

Congrats on scoring a business card :)

5/01/2007 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home