Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Doin' the Procrastination Boogie

I just looked up application deadlines for all the PhD programs I intend to apply to. The soonest two are in a little over a month. I feel like I'm hyperventilating a little, in large part because my current choice of programs is based on geography alone, which doesn't feel very intelligent, and I'm not sure how to go about researching the merit of these programs. Their websites are a place to start, but I want something more objective, and I want a chance to find good programs I'm not aware of now. I suppose I can browse grad school guides at a bookstore...just not the one I work at, since I was desperate for a job when they interviewed me and would've said almost anything, so they think I'm interested in advancement within the company. Guess I'll take a drive later this week. Does anyone have other suggestions?

2 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

read the course catalogs. That'll tell you more about the department as a whole than anything else.

*shrug*

Or you could go all ninja-style and infiltrate the campuses.

Whatever works.

11/08/2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Thanks. I looked in a grad school guide today and found some schools I hadn't thought about on my own. Next I'll go to their websites and see what they have to offer for courses (and professors and fellowships/assistantships and libraries...)

11/10/2006 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home