Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Today I walked to the pharmacy and the co-op under chilly blue skies, through streets of colorful houses where the wind moved the mosaic of sun spots around on the orange leaves blanketing the sidewalk. I love the smell of freshly fallen leaves, and I love the memories I'm already absorbing from this place: this street is where I walked my One-Day Dog, where she slipped her collar and ran all the way home; that outdoor cafe table is where I had a good lunch with friends. It was a big, scary deal for me to move into the city. How comforting to find out that I was actually just moving home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

hmmm...shuffle, shuffle, crunch, shuffle.

i love fall.
:)

10/05/2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger POLiTiCk said...

Where are you now, by the way?

10/09/2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Minneapolis.

10/10/2006 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home