Thursday, June 15, 2006

Internet is Amazing

When it works. Ours has been going in and out sporadically for a few weeks, and today (when I was trying to email a job application that's due tomorrow, and Mozilla had to think really really hard about connecting me to a site before finally admitting that it didn't know how) I got fed up and called the company. The very nice man who sounded like Gavin Rossdale confirmed that our signal history showed some gaps, and set up an appointment for someone to come look at our modem and wiring tomorrow. We've got our fingers crossed that he doesn't have to do "significant rewiring" because then there's a rewiring fee of $24.99, and I don't feel like paying it. But right now, for the moment, everything works perfectly. I'm so dazzled by the internet's compliance with my every command, I'm almost holding my breath.

2 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

argh. i know just how you feel, hailing from the land of antiquated dial-up. when i'm online, i have to have a book close at hand, so that i have something to do while i wait for pages to load.

ps- when i come back, you, me, jessie, brigid's?

6/17/2006 8:45 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Brigid's it is. (Yay.) I'm not sure when you come back, but the week of the 25th I have Sunday, Monday, and Thursday off. I'm a tricky person to be friends with this summer, because I usually work 3-11...officially the crappiest shift ever.

6/17/2006 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home