Friday, June 02, 2006

Confluence of Happinesses

Just now, I was sitting in the computer chair listening to Mason Jennings, whose music is rapidly finding its way into my list of all-time favorites because it never fails to make me smile, when I suddenly felt the pieces of a story I've been puzzling out consciously/subconsciously/awake/half-asleep for weeks shifting into place. I grabbed a notebook from the table next to me and started jotting down ideas and chunks of outline, pausing occasionally to look out the window at the sky-blue sky. And once, when I looked out, there happened to be two balloons--one blue, one silver--floating up and away down the block. And after I put away my indignant environmentalism, those two balloons and the fact that I just happened to glance out the window in time to watch their nearly motionless flight into the sky made me very happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

I loved that moment of reading--about possibility and balloons.

Wonderful.

6/03/2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger erin said...

what a relief, that moment when you realize that, indeed, all those pieces that are floating around in your head will come together.

oh, and i have a superstitious streak and can't help but see the well-timed entrance of the balloons as auspicious

6/04/2006 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home