Friday, May 19, 2006

5 Things

(Because Jessie asked.)

5 Items in My Fridge:
1. marionberry yogurt (It makes me homesick for Oregon, where marionberries are literally weeds.)
2. leftovers, most of which are due to be thrown away
3. nightcrawlers in a styrofoam box
4. lots of alcohol, including Hornsby's Crisp Apple Cider, a bottle of Rogue Shakespeare Stout, and half a shelf of expired (read: free) light beer.
5. a big bag of oranges, to share with the orioles

5 Items in My Closet:
1. duffel bags
2. a collection of beautiful and unique purses that I almost never use
3. a broken dehumidifier
4. my graduation gown, hood, and tassle
5. Nina

5 Items in My Purse:
1. Chap-Stick (Hi. My name is Amber, and I'm an addict.)
2. half a bag of M&M's
3. a hair brush
4. juniper breeze lotion
5. a bottle opener

5 Items in My Car:
1. a box of non-perishables to take to the food shelf
2. a blanket
3. about 100 pounds of books in one box (I'm pretty sure I'm not exaggerating.)
4. empty beverage containers
5. extra motor oil

Your Turn:
1. Emily
2. Tiffany
3. Jes
4. Loralee
5. Aspen

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

heehee--you are so well rounded amber! nightcrawlers, broken dehumidifiers, cap and gown, cat, candy, books, motor oil...yes, you are a VERY interesting girl! :)-

5/20/2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Amber, I just saw your comment about the paper for N. Geez-laweez...she musta been sick of grading papers by the time she got to us! I don't feel as bad now...because I know you put a lot of thought into your writing also.

Well, if nothing else, it makes me appreciate summer that much more.

5/20/2006 11:44 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I'm definitely happy it's summer. That last paper was really hard for me to write because my motivation was sapped, and I wasn't all that happy with it when I handed it in. So I wasn't surprised that it didn't get the grade I was hoping for. But I really wish she hadn't been so hard on the section from my thesis (In her end comments, she actually said, "The second half of this paper [excluding the part from my thesis] is the keeper.") But whatever. I keep telling myself that three other English professors said that section was good, and that it probably just didn't work as well out of its original context.

5/21/2006 12:35 AM  
Blogger erin said...

oy - sounds like you both had a rough time. but i really wanted to comment on the marionberry yogurt - which i love! yum!

5/22/2006 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home