Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Got My Wish

After cleaning my house and reading a (slightly depressing) batch of student papers, I glanced out the little window over the kitchen sink. The color of the sky - the pale pinkish orange of reflected light - surprised me, so I parted the living room curtains and poked my head between them. And in the glow of the street lamp that illuminates the Corner Bar's parking lot I could see a crowd of snowflakes floating downward. I pulled the curtains closed around my neck to prevent the glare of the living room light on the window and looked into my yard, where the snow has already begun to pad the hard icy shell on the ground. I'm excited for the softness of tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

I love that image of your head poking out from the curtains, lost in your own magical winter wonderland.

I need curtains like that. It sounds like fun. :)

2/05/2006 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home