Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Uneasy

A thousand bare wires touched together like hotwiring a car, just below my skin. I can almost hear the buzz of electricity if I lay my ear against my shoulder. Something about too little sleep, too much to do, too weirded out by my completely irregular role in last night's impromptu festivities. I need to read, but the noise in my head will not abate. If only I could lose myself in someone else's story, be soothed to sleep by imaginary voices instead of vibrating, wide awake, with this humming beneath my ribs. But it's too late, and too early, for sleep now. Maybe Spaghettios.

2 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

ouch - i hate that shaky morning after feeling. too wide awake to sleep, to shaky and icky to do much of anything. you are right - the only solution for me has always been hot tea, buttered toast and a mindless book. But spaghettios works too!

1/25/2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

For hangovers, my day-after treatment is black tea and brothy soup. But this was more of an emotional problem, so the comforting texture of Spaghettios did the trick. Actually, I think writing this post and an email to a good friend helped more, but now I'm just splitting hairs.

1/25/2006 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home