Friday, January 20, 2006

The Things I Should Be Doing

  • the dishes
  • cleaning the litter box
  • reading something
  • writing that pesky story
  • studying Spanish

But I'm not feeling very motivated tonight. Even reading doesn't sound appealing, and it's usually the one thing I can be content doing when I don't feel like doing anything. (After all these years of being an English major, I still have moments when I can't believe that reading novels is my homework.) But lately I've been falling into these hour-long naps on the couch whenever I read, and hour-long naps on the couch after dark always make me feel dull-witted for the rest of the night. In fact, I think the side effects of my naps are causing me to develop a Pavlovian aversion to reading.

So for now I'm kind of just biding my time until Eric gets home from work and we can go to Brigid's, where a former student of mine is supposed to be playing at 9:00. I've got a little over an hour to kill, and I'm burned out on The Sims. Maybe I'll attack the dishes and the litter box and see what's on PBS.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

What happened?? I just got sucked into 3 home remodeling shows, back to back. That's an hour and a half of my life down the tubes... Jzzzooooooooooop!!

Hope you accomplished more than me tonight! (and if you didn't, I hope you enjoyed some relaxation :))

1/21/2006 12:15 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Didn't accomplish anything really, but I did enjoy myself. I had a beer and a peppermint patty...and was very impressed with Ana's voice. It was a good night. I'll get things done tomorrow.

1/21/2006 12:26 AM  
Blogger nrlaumei said...

Wow, except for the litterbox part and the PBS part (if we had cable I'd watch PBS) your life sounds eerily similar to mine. I couldn't read last night either -- such a weird feeling. (Oh my god?! What do I do if I don't want to read?)

1/21/2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home