Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Extreme Bravery on the Horizon

This morning, suddenly, apropos nothing, I felt ready to go through with that Locks of Love donation I've been mentally toying with for the last few years. Ten inches will take my hair length up to my chin at least, and it hasn't been that short since I was 14. The thought of giving up my (limp, out-of-control, boring) mane of hair gives me a little spasm, like it would be a lapse in modesty. Like I would need to cover my naked self. That spasm felt terrifying a few months ago, but now it feels exhilarating. I even took the step of finding the cut I think I want (picture Elisha Cuthbert brunette, and less beautiful, please):













I like that it's short without being spiky or extremely head-hugging. Internet? Are you behind me?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

Hello:) I came here from Loralee's blog and really enjoyed the side-trip; one more RSS subsription, here I come!

I think you could totally pull off the look. I'd had extremely long hair (waist-long) until my first son was born. One-hard-yank-too-many later,I'd cut off about 2 or 3 feet of hair, and it felt so good! I've since (4 years and one more baby later) grown most of it back, but I never regretted cutting it.

Go for it! You'll love it at first, and if you ever decide you don't, you'll get to experiment with different lengths as it grows back.

I vote for dying it too;-) Hot pink! Totally would match your eyes:-D

5/06/2008 8:37 PM  
Blogger nrlaumei said...

Ooh! Exciting, exciting! I like that look, and I think it would look gorgeous on you. And yes, it is an exhilarating feeling. :)

5/06/2008 8:53 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I LOVE IT. I totally think that you'll look gorgeous.

5/06/2008 11:02 PM  
Blogger Clink said...

I love the choices! I promise you, you will not regret it! My first reaction when I cut mine off was "why on earth didn't I do this sooner??"
Oh...and on behalf of the internet...because I am the elected spokeswoman we would love before and after pics!

5/07/2008 9:35 AM  
Blogger Teriiza said...

oohmygosh my big sister without her long gorgeous hair that I have always envied! It will be a big change but you can totally pull it off Amber it'll look really cool on you :]] go for it!

I however will be continuing to grow out my short boring hair :]

5/07/2008 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home