Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Showers are Magic

So I spent about half an hour agonizing over the last two sentences of my first PhD application essay before I gave up and got in the shower. Within a few minutes of turning on the water, sentences I didn't hate were forming in my brain. I turned the words over silently in my mouth until my hair was clean and my fingers were pruny, trying to perfect them and not to forget them. As soon as I was dry, I rushed to the computer (naked, and with a towel on my head) to see my new words glow in black and white.

It's an empirical fact: showers are magic.

2 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

that always happens to me! i'm thinking about installing some kind of dry (wet?) erase board in our shower :)

12/07/2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger tiffany said...

The shower is my Fortress of Solitude.

12/07/2006 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home