Friday, December 01, 2006

I have a semi-unsolicited job interview in about an hour, at a place where I would be proud to answer the phones and make the coffee, even if it didn't mean a significant raise in pay. Nevertheless, I have mixed feelings about the entire business, stemming from the fact that I--a girl who will have to begin repaying her student loans this month--currently work for peanuts with extremely cool people at a place that I love most of the time. The happy byproduct of my ambivalence is that I just ate lunch without the slightest hint of a gag reflex. Yay if I get the job, yay if I don't. So I'm not nervous.

Time to make myself pretty and go have a conversation with someone's assistant.

5 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

OOOH...Fingers crossed for the best outcome for you.

P.S.
At least your boss didn't have a fondness for THE CHIMPMONKS CHRISTMAS.

Yah.

I loved Borders, but I wanted to put a fork in my eye.

Can't wait to meet you next week!

12/02/2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger Froyd said...

man it's so unfair at job interview time. It's biased for you women. YOU can make yourselves pretty...when men try that...well, eyeliner just doesn't go with a suit and tie, you know?

12/03/2006 12:52 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I'm looking forward to meeting you, too, Loralee! It'll be a good time.

12/03/2006 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, How did it go?

12/04/2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

The interview went okay. I blanked badly on one question, badly enough that we had to come back to it later, and when we came back to it, I had an example, but a lame one. She concluded the interview by describing the job as unchallenging and sometimes boring, and flat out asked me, with a lot of doubt in her voice, whether this really sounded like something I was interested in, given my education and accomplishments and goals. I answered, pretty convincingly I thought, that I would love to be affiliated with the organization in any way at all. Which is true, to an extent. It's not as large of a pay raise as I thought I remembered, and I am happy in my current job. So I'm still pretty apathetic about the idea of getting hired at this new place.

12/04/2006 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home