Saturday, December 30, 2006

In the constant rush of work and housework and PhD applications, of trying to have a relationship with my boyfriend and my family and my friends and my cats, and of trying to get some sleep, I tend to forget to take care of myself. Hence, I haven't had a haircut since July or new bras and underwear since so long ago I'm embarrassed to specify. Hence, my pants literally came apart while I was at work yesterday.

But tonight after work, Natasha and I hit the mall. I spent so much at Victoria's Secret, the salesperson said, "Jesus. Do you have an Angels card?" (I assured her that it wasn't necessary, that this was not normal behavior for me.) Plus a new pair of boots that I can wear to work with skirts and that won't mangle my feet. Plus two pairs of pants and a shirt. And I still have gift money left, some of it from graduation in May. (I won't deny that I'm spoiled, but I'm also a hoarder.)

Anyway, I'm starting to feel human again. Thanks to everyone who donated to the cause.

1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Oh, that sounds LOVELY.
I have neglected my underwear drawer as well and that sounds like such a great shopping trip. I am also two months behind on my hair and feel mousy and blah.

This post is inspiration to put the wheels in motion to fix all that.

1/03/2007 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home