Saturday, September 23, 2006

Withdrawal

Today I spent hours doing "zone maintenance." That means I scanned the barcodes on literally hundreds of cookbooks to identify and pull the ones due back to the vendors, and organized--categorically and alphabetically--the ones staying on the shelves. This is a heinously tedious task that should never be given to people as OCD as me, because we'll inevitably enjoy it. I drove home in kind of a dangerous daze, and now I'm starting to twitch because I know customers are still at the store, moving books around in the grilling section, which I haven't even quite finished organizing. Addiction is a bitch.

2 Comments:

Blogger nrlaumei said...

Ha ha. I'd be twitching too.

9/23/2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I was always glad to be a seller, because I didn't have to do stuff like that...It belonged to a seperate crew. That said, I LOVE flushing book shelves. (And yah, I got completely twitching when people messed everything up, too!)

9/27/2006 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home