Sunday, September 17, 2006

Festive Intestines

Last night, bad storms that never actually reached our neck of the woods scared us into raiding my store of candles in the basement. We brought more upstairs than I could find places for, and I piled some of them up in a corner of the living room floor. This included a small wooden tray with four square pastel candles in it, wrapped in cellophane and tied with gauzy white ribbon. This morning, this particular candle was pulled out toward the middle of the living room and the ribbon...gone. I searched for it under and behind furniture, but we have a string-eating cat (who once chewed off and ate an inch-long section of a strap on my favorite tank top while it hung on a rack to dry), and I'm afraid the ribbon is in here:

So now I worry. Ribbon can do terrible things to tiny digestive tracts: obstruct intestines, or get hung up and slice through them. So I feed her hairball remedy/laxative and watch for vomiting (none yet), lack of appetite (hardly...you see that belly?), and lethargy (while I hunted for ribbon, she attacked the flashlight beam). Also, I watch the litter box for festive poop. Little gift-wrapped turds. Awww, for me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

OH! She looks so soft and cuddly! Poor little kitty

9/17/2006 11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so did it come out or what? i am waiting with bated breath...

9/19/2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

You can breathe, Peder. I examined the poo in the litter box tonight, and found a couple chunks of ribbon. So Eric must've been right: when I was freaking out, he was relatively unconcerned because the cat usually chews things apart before she swallows them.

9/20/2006 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home