Thursday, August 31, 2006

If I Were a Post Office, Where Would I Hide?

Well, I guess first I would hide on a nearby street that's so torn up from construction, it isn't quite drivable. And then I would hide on a university campus, where I couldn't be easily seen from the road and where there is nowhere for people to park and wander around until they find me.

It's a good thing the job application I want to mail doesn't have to be in until Tuesday. It might actually take me that long to locate a post office. As much as I love living here, I've got to admit that driving around lost in the city on 1/16th of a tank of gas is less than fun. By some insane stroke of luck, I followed a sign to the highway (West or east? Semi-educated guess: west.), and the exit ramp dropped me off in the lane that goes straight to my exit. I almost soiled myself out of joy and unjustified pride.

1 Comments:

Blogger nrlaumei said...

There's a post office up on University near(ish) to you. I'm sure there's one closer, but that one's there for sure -- no construction even! It'll be on the left if you're coming from your house.

8/31/2006 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home