Friday, March 31, 2006

No Fury Like a Woman Rescheduled

I had an appointment to get my hair cut this morning at 10:00. (Finally, finally, finally. I haven't had a haircut since September.) But while I was doing yoga, my phone rang. Since I rarely get phone calls at 7:30 in the morning, I jumped up to answer it, in case it was some kind of family emergency. But I didn't recognize the number--it didn't even look like a local number--so I didn't answer it. I did mean to check my voicemail before getting in the shower, but I forgot. So after showering (I didn't wash my hair, since I knew the stylist would do it in a couple of hours) and getting dressed, I finally remembered to check my phone.

And then I threw a mild temper tantrum. Because the woman who was supposed to cut my hair did have a family emergency, and the beauty school is booked solid today and can't squeeze me in. So I'll get my hair cut on Monday. But now I have to get back in the shower and wash my hair. I have to practically start my morning over. And--I think this is why I'm actually upset--my self-confidence needs this haircut. I've been feeling so busy for so many months that I haven't taken the time to take care of myself, and I'm starting to feel pretty unkempt. I was looking forward to that fresh haircut feeling, to thinking (if only for one day), "Damn, I look good." Now that feeling has to wait for Monday. I could really use it today.

Blah. Back to the shower.

3 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

That is so frustrating. I love changing my hair. It is the one thing that can give you a major change (Good or bad) instantly.

I have to wait another week for mine and I'm frustrated as well. I also REALLY need my eyebrows waxed so it isn't helping matters...

GRR.

3/31/2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I'm actually not planning any major changes. (I'm so afraid that I would regret changing my hair that I won't use permanent color on it, and I won't cut much of it off until I'm certain I want to. This is absolutely symbolic of my personality in general; I'm not a risk-taker, though I often wish I was.) But I have very long hair, and I like to have layers around my face to give it some shape and volume. In the last six months, those layers have disappeared and I feel like I have this sheet of hair that just hangs off my head, doing nothing, and is disgustingly dry on the ends.

3/31/2006 2:57 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

That is what happened with mine. I got about a years worth hacked off in January. Looks better, but I do miss the length sometimes.

4/01/2006 3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home