Thursday, March 16, 2006

Subconscious

Last night I awoke just before 3:00 with moonlight in my eyes; it knifed its way into the room between the slats in the blinds. When I slept again, I dreamed that I was standing in a house at the edge of the ocean, reading the only poster on a white wall. The poster sported a big U of M logo, and explained that applicants who were denied admission to the graduate school should contact the department because several places had unexpectedly become available. I felt conflicted and guilty, obligated to take advantage of this second chance, but not sure I wanted to. I wondered, Do I want to go to a school that rejected me so flippantly? Do I want to go to any school at all next year?

I think rejection was a good thing, this time.

1 Comments:

Blogger v said...

Rejection is always a good thing, Amber. It's called fate.

3/16/2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home