Monday, February 06, 2006

Sorry About That

It must have been at least five or six years ago when I first noticed that for one full day just before I get my period, I'm always incredibly irritable. Minor disagreements, tiny inconveniences, bad smells - all things mildly annoying - make me boil. You might expect that after so many months of this, I would come to expect it and sort of schedule it in: "Okay, I'm going to be crabby that day. Better not leave the house." But in fact, it always takes me at least half a day to recognize the underlying reason for my irritability.

That means, for at least the first half of one day every month, I just think everyone is an asshole.

6 Comments:

Blogger nrlaumei said...

At least you don't spend a week wondering why you can't stop crying and why life doesn't seem worth getting out of bed for. Every damn time.

2/06/2006 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love ya hon

2/06/2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Yeesh, Natasha. That sounds like torture. I'd much rather be pissed off at the world.

2/06/2006 8:14 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

It happens at other times too, which is probably why I don't realize it's PMS right away. For that one day, it's just more intense, more consistent, and more likely to affect my relationships with my friends and family.

2/07/2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger nrlaumei said...

I like your new picture. That's all. We should have a gathering of English nerds sometime soon. Now that's all.

2/07/2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Thanks. And yes, definitely. Maybe at my place next time.

2/07/2006 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home