Friday, January 13, 2006

Proof of the Youth of My Experience

I've been tagged by Jessie, which works out well, since I have almost an hour before I need to leave for class, and I didn't feel like trying to squeeze any productivity out of that time.

4 jobs you've had in your life:

1. veterinary assistant (My first job in high school; it paid next to nothing, but it's still the job I look back on with the most nostalgia.)
2. line worker at a factory that packaged hair care products
3. housekeeper at a couple of hotels (I did this for a few years, long enough to become the assistant head housekeeper at the AmericInn. That's too long.)
4. teacher (What I'm doing now and hope to continue doing...maybe forever.)

4 movies you would watch over and over:

1. Chocolat (I even made my class write a paper on it last spring.)
2. Grumpy and Grumpier Old Men (They count as one movie, right?)
3. Garden State (I've actually only seen it once, but I remember thinking as I watched it that I'd like to see it again.)
4. A John Cusack movie, probably High Fidelity or Grosse Pointe Blank.

4 places you have lived:

1. Rochester, MN (Born there.)
2. Maple Grove, MN (Graduated high school there.)
3. Morris, MN (College for a year and a half. Sometimes I miss it.)
4. Tualatin, OR (I lived there for a couple of summers with my dad.)

4 TV shows you love to watch:

1. Smallville
2. CSI
3. Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
4. The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross (It soothes me.)

4 places you have been on vacation:

(Please understand that my travels are wide and exotic, but so far almost entirely in the future.)

1. Chicago (I was in a suburb for a wedding last summer, and we rode the train into the city, where we had about two hours to spend. We had pizza at Giordano's. It was the best pizza I've ever had.)
2. Oregon (Sometimes, instead of living there for a summer, I take short vacations. And on the way, I ride in the train/bus through North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, and Washington. Once, my flight had a layover in Texas.)
3. Seattle (In 2000, Eric and I took the bus to Oregon and we had a layover there for about an hour and a half in the afternoon. We went in the Space Needle gift shop - they charged $11 per person to actually go up in the needle, and we didn't have it - and perused a sex shop on our way back to the bus station.)
4. Duluth, MN (This is where we usually go to get away from Bemidji. It's enough of a change of scenery to make us content for a couple of weeks.)

4 of your favorite foods:

1. cheesy acini de pepe (It's pasta balls the size of BB's, which I cook in chicken broth with sauteed onions and garlic and then season with salt, pepper, and Romano cheese. It was Rachael Ray's idea.)
2. moo shu (Which they unfortunately do not serve as a dinner special at New China. That makes it the expensive meal that I almost never get.)
3. ice cream
4. shredded wheat bread (My mom makes it. It's probably the yummiest bread ever.)

4 places you would rather be right now:

1. Oregon (Where it is currently 47 degrees and raining, and undoubtedly smells like that indescribable and intoxicating combination of water, earth, and moss.)
2. On a train in Glacier National Park
3. Somewhere in Europe (where I will go, someday)
4. Spin a globe with your finger on it. Unless it stops with your finger somewhere uninhabitable or very dangerous (like Iraq or Israel), then I'd like to be where your finger is.

Tag -- you're it!

1. Emily
2. Natasha
3. Tiffany
4. You, whoever you are.

4 Comments:

Blogger tiffany said...

Damn girl! I'm going to do this on my new blog http://aplusmaterialfromanaminusstudent.blogspot.com/ because Jones Poems is not the place for such things. I really want to have it just be for poetry (or else I will post randomness and I won't write poetry which was the reason for that blog anyway),

1/13/2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

a vetinary assistant and a factory line worker--what a combo! i bet you were really good at the vet. work--what a great job!

oh, and Garden State--I forgot about that one. good movie and goood soundtrack. I have a crush on John Cusack. Do you too?

not to mention--you make me hungry for the smell of oregon...and your spin the globe game sounds like a good idea! :)

thanks for playing. miss ya dear office mate!

1/13/2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I really liked being a vet assistant, even when I got peed on. And I think I was usually good at it, especially when I was getting peed on and continued to do my job anyway. :)

Yes, I do have a crush on John Cusack.

I miss you too! I have a feeling we won't see each other much this semester, what with teaching on different days and all. But there will always be lit crit (cue ominous music).

1/13/2006 2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i was pregnant i watched painting with bob ross almost every sunday afternoon, and then i would nap!!!

1/15/2006 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home