Monday, May 01, 2006

The End is Nigh

But in that warm, fuzzy way. I love it that finishing a task now means something more than making room for the next one. It means that too, but with each thing I finish, I get tangibly closer to done. One week from today, I will tie up the semester's loose ends. In the meantime:
  • Write five discussion questions about Jacques Derrida
  • Talk to three two students about plagiarism and its consequences
  • Finish grading presentations
  • Finish grading essays (five more)
  • Defend thesis
  • Edit thesis
  • Print thesis on very expensive paper, and bind it
  • Revise curriculum vita
  • Read Edward Said (26 pages)
  • Laundry
  • Write lit crit paper (9-15 pages)
  • Renew health insurance
  • Write my account of one case of plagiarism (for the file)
  • Calculate final grades
  • Read course evaluations

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

"defend thesis" is 5th on the list. you are so calm! :) i'm impressed.

5/01/2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

It's all an act. Underneath it all, my digestive system is doing very uncomfortable things.

5/01/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

There were three plagiarists???


GOOD LUCK ON THE THESIS! I could never ever write one. SCARY.

5/01/2006 7:57 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Well...two plagiarists on this big essay (so far; I have four more to grade). The other one is sort of an old, tired problem that I have to finish dealing with.

And thank you.

5/01/2006 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home