Monday, January 09, 2006

Firsts

This morning I awoke in my own bed for the first time in a week. Also for the first time in a week, I did some badly needed yoga. And for the first time since New Year's Eve (when, the evening news told me, nature deigned to give us 132 minutes of sunshine), it looked like this. To celebrate the gorgeous day, Eric and I went out cross-country skiing for the very first time (ever!) on the skis my mom got us for Christmas this year. Happily, there weren't many other skiers on the trail, because I'm sure we looked pretty pitiful at times (especially me; Eric never actually fell). By the end of the trail, tired as we were, we had the hang of it. As long as the trail was well-groomed. In one place, near the bottom of a small rise in the trail, the snow thinned to a criss-crossed weave of shallow ski tracks, and my legs went out from under me in opposite directions while I fell forward and skidded through the snow on my chest.

Now, my muscles ache deliciously and I'm ready to curl up on the couch with a blanket, a mug of hot chocolate, and a movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home