Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Now I Remember...

This is what it feels like to be bored. For the first time in what feels like (and might actually be) months, I have very little to do. Relatively speaking. I collected some revised/make-up papers today, but I'm not going to grade those until tomorrow. I could be doing some reading for my thesis, since my goal for winter break is to finish all (most?) of my reading for that. But my only really pressing task is to start catching up on my Spanish, which I've been forced to neglect over the past few weeks. I'll do some of that in a little while, but for now I'm kind of rolling in the luxury of not really needing to do anything. At this point, boredom is a mystifying feeling.

So I officially completed the application process for my Ph.D. program today. (Except that my GRE scores aren't there yet, but that's out of my hands.) Now I just have to sit back and worry.

Also, the professor for my Punk class saw me in the hallway today while he was reading my essay on punk women and feminism, and called me into his office to tell me he liked it. He said it's "cool." Yay!

Today was the last day of my class. I passed out suckers. (Once, Eric's mom was giving a sucker to her grandson and I asked for one because they're the really yummy ones with the white swirls. A couple of months later, when Eric was visiting home, she gave him the entire bag of suckers, saying, "Amber likes these." So then I had about 70 suckers all to myself. That's too many.) Later, when I went back into the classroom to get the attendance sign-up sheet that I'd forgotten, it smelled like suckers in there. Which made me smile almost as much as talking to a whole class of people making sucky noises.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Hey there office-mate-- found ya! :)

12/14/2005 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home