Monday, November 21, 2005

Wheeze

So now I can explain the not breathing/not sleeping phenomenon that I documented a few weeks ago. I have asthma. Which is reassuring, even though it kind of makes me feel like damaged goods, because it means I'm not crazy. I really thought I was just stressed out, and too aware of my breathing. But if it's a physical problem, that's so much better, because I can just throw drugs at it and it'll go away.

I am not a naturopath.

I spent a lot of today kind of wishing I was, though. I had to go through this unpleasant hour-long breathing test, and I'm pretty sure the apparatus I had to put my mouth around made me look like a monkey. And my cholesterol was slightly high when they drew my blood a week and a half ago (I think I had a hot dog for lunch that day), so I have to have a fasting cholesterol test. I usually go to the doctor once a year and mostly avoid it for the other 364 days. And I've always been more or less healthy, so I could get away with that. Now that I'm defective, I'm shooting for like 4 times in one month. And the worst part is that I don't really feel like I have time for all of these appointments. Blah. I guess you make time, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home