Wednesday, November 12, 2008

5 Things that Have Made Me Smile This Week

1. I had a really great Monte Christo at the Red Stag during a Sunday brunch with my family, and the restaurant was offering free mimosas, which of course I took them up on. It was good to see my family, too, but food is very important to me. In fact, while we're on the subject, Eric made perfectly grilled sirloin the other night. (Yes, grilled, like outdoors, and I think it was about 40 degrees and dark at the time. The guy loves to grill.) Also, the wild rice, mushroom, and sausage soup I made last night was pretty awesome.
2. Two days ago, my dad called to make a suggestion and prefaced it with, "Don't get mad at me." That's grounds for a smile right there, but then the suggestion was that, since I hate apartment living so much, maybe I should find out if the people contributing to our wedding would be willing to help us with the down payment on a house instead. I declined, for several reasons, but it was a nice suggestion, and so very much like my dad.
3. President Elect Barack Obama. Still not quite over that one.
4. My three-year-old nephew, Owen, pronounces my name "Elmo," and was super excited to see me on Monday. Coincidence? Maybe not.
5. Piper, the devil cat, has started pooping in the bathtub. At first we thought it was because I'd let the litter box go for an extra day between cleanings, but now we're pretty sure she just prefers it. And yeah, I know, behavior problem and ewwww. But it's really a pretty clever litter box alternative, and I pride myself on usually being able to see the humor.

What made you smile this week?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, all you glum ppeople, I smiled this week in spite of all the things I have to frown about.
1) At the same brunch where Amber enjoyed that Monte Cristo sandwich most of my family met my new boyfriend and liked him. (or so I hear)
2) Jeff missed the kickoff between Green Bay and the Vikings to go to brunch and meet 7 new people.
3) We saw the movie Religulous and went to Majers & Quinn bookstore.

11/17/2008 7:48 PM  
Blogger chain of freedom said...

You did! :-)

11/24/2008 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home