Saturday, August 26, 2006

Willpower

Several times a day, I have to quash the urge to run out onto the porch, bang on my landlord's door, and demand to know whether her son's constant STOMPING back and forth across the floor above us is part of an experiment designed to measure the strength of my sanity.

And because I don't have kids, I can say this: if that were my child, he would have been trained years ago that there are people living below us, damn it, and you can't just STOMP for no reason.

I think I just heard a chunk of plaster fall inside the wall.

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

If he's old enough than, yes, the parents are oblvious and I see NOTHING wrong with saying something. Maybe they don't know how loud it is for you...If it were me, I wouldn't mind being asked a bit.

However, if he is too young, I don't know if there is anything you can do. The people below us were fond of slamming the celing with a broom when my newborn would cry in the night (Because you now, we LIKE being up all night with a colicky infant too).

Finally, my husband (225 lbs, 6"4) stood on our bed and jumped as hard as he could onto the floor. They never did it again.

8/27/2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Thanks for the advice. He's old enough to learn (between 8 and 10, my guess), but it isn't actually important enough to me to risk souring things between us and our landlord. It's annoying, but I'm mostly just in the house too much right now. When I get a job, it'll probably bother me less.

Also, I'm afraid that if we complain about her kid, we might find out that our music and TV are loud enough to bother them.

8/27/2006 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home