Saturday, February 11, 2006

This Is All I'll Ever Need

A man who, just before I drift into a drunken slumber at 3:15 a.m., promises to make me french toast in the morning and then actually follows through.

I think I was too drunk last night, but he has reassured me that I should not be embarrassed. Anyway, I think losing myself to too much alcohol was the cure I've been looking for. Because for the first time in weeks, I'm suddenly interested in the story I'm writing. My kinship to the main character has been restored, possibly because when I quit writing her story all those weeks ago, she was waking up hung over. Maybe after I've eaten my late breakfast and no longer feel too ill to make sense of my own sentences, I'll write her back to sober again.

Thanks to everyone who came over last night and helped me get drunk. I hope it was as fun for you as it was for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

we had a blast (despite one very angry cat)! thanks!

2/14/2006 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home