Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Beautiful

delusion angel
(David Jewell)

daydream delusion
limousine eyelash
oh baby with your pretty face
drop a tear in my wine glass
look at those big eyes on your face

see what you mean to me
sweet cakes and milk shakes
i'm a delusion angel
i'm a fantasy parade
want you to know what i think
don't want you to guess anymore

you have no idea where i came from
we have no idea where we're going
lodged in life like branches in a river
flowing downstream
caught in the current
i'll carry you you carry me
that's how it could be
don't you know me
don't you know me by now.


I just watched Before Sunrise for the first time (the guy in the video store looked at me funny when I asked for it; he was pretty sure I meant Before Sunset), and that poem was in it. A bum in Vienna, instead of asking for money, offers to sell Jesse and Celine an impromptu poem that includes any word they choose. Their word was "milkshake." Beautiful. I'm going to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home