Sunday, July 16, 2006

Too Damn Hot for a Penguin

At 1:30 last night, when the thermostat on our bedroom fan still read 94, we inflated our air mattress and camped out in the air-conditioned living room. But today there's work to do. We move to the city in two weeks and two days, and it's time to start sorting through our hoards. Eric is in the garage, sweating and throwing empty boxes onto the middle of the floor. I already showered today, so I've been in the living room, digging through boxes of things that, three and a half years ago, I deemed worthy of keeping but not worthy of looking at every single day. I've chosen to bless Goodwill with some of these things this time around, but I'm also rediscovering the fact that I have some pretty cool Christmas decorations. Will someone remind me of this in December?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Sure. If you'll remind me about the really cool fabric I found while packing in the basement. haha!

And V. said that you called to offer us a dryer. Thanks, but definately no thanks. Good luck with packing and moving!! I'll be thinking about you every step of the way. ;)

luv,
j.

7/16/2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger nrlaumei said...

Last day of work! Congratulations!

7/20/2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Thanks! But it was only sort of my last day. On Monday, I'll be covering a few hours in the afternoon so everyone else can go to a staff meeting.

7/21/2006 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home