Friday, July 28, 2006

Almost a Waste

For the first time ever, I did not get a job I interviewed for. As the forces of hey-doesn't-that-figure would have it, this was also the first time I had driven almost 250 miles for a job interview. So while I'm disappointed to be missing out on a job that offered perfect hours for a writer (8-6, just three days a week), I'm mostly miffed about the time and money I spent getting there. But to continue my efforts toward consistent optimism, I will remind myself that I got a very nice (if short) visit with my mom out of the drive, complete with a good dinner at Red Lobster. And reheated properly, jumbo coconut shrimp with pina colada dipping sauce make delicious leftovers.

Also, though I'm not sure I believe in fate, I will try to assume that this loss is merely making way for a much better gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home